Annotation and PDF Editing Tools
Annotation and PDF editing tools can help you assign, grade, and are free to use! Accomplish digital tasks on your PDF document and share it through Google Drive
Annotate documents right from your computer! With the markup tools you can highlight, cross out, type, stamp, and so much more!
Check out some of our favorites below!
- Basic annotation tools and access to Google Drive integration
- Advanced annotation tools, access to Google Classroom integration, accessibility tools and license sharing for up to 150 students
- Includes all available tools for multiple teachers and students across a school/district
The Kami app is our favorite annotation and markup tool that has seamless integration with Google Drive. Kami is a kid-friendly app that makes it easier to learn, create, and collaborate. Teachers can also grade their students' assignments with the Kami Grading feature. Check out this article with tips to take full advantage of the FREE version!
If you're looking for even more annotation tools and integration with Google Classroom, Canvas, and Schoology, make sure to check out the paid version
- Basic annotation tools and access to Google Drive integration for up to 2000 documents
- Basic annotation tools, access to Google Drive integration, unlimited everything
Use DocHub to easily annotate your Google Drive documents. You can highlight, strikethrough, add notes, and more! DocHub's appearance is less kid-friendly but it does the trick. Once you finish annotating, you can either save the document to Google Drive, Dropbox, or download it to your computer!
- Minimal annotation tools and advanced PDF editing tools plus access to google drive integration up to 1 GB of space
- Everything with up to 10GB of space
- Everything with up to 20GB of space
LUMIN is a bit different from the others which is why it made our list. It would make a great addition to the others because of the select features if offers! It does not have as sophisticated annotation tools like Dochub or Kami however it does offer superior PDF modification and editing tools such as:
OCR- which stands for Optical Character Recognition and it allows you to turn your scanned documents into editable files!
Conversion Capabilities- Convert just about any file into a PDF!
Split and Merge Files, Compress and Unlock Files.
So if you need to upload a file for your students to do, you can use LUMIN to turn it into a PDF, save it and send it off. Best part of all is that you really only need the free LUMIN account to do everything listed!
To learn more about LUMIN, download it here!